The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for advising business customers of the banking products available to meet their financial needs. Is responsible for evaluating the customer's application and credit worthiness and recommending approval of a loan and other bank products, when appropriate. This position is responsible for meeting production goals, following up on referrals, and promoting products and services.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships by calling on existing or prospective customers, including identification of prospects, suitable method of contact and determination of their needs and appropriate products and/or services.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their banking needs, explain the types of loans and other banking products available. Discuss options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtains information for loan applications and other banking products, explain the process and answer questions.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtains and compiles copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Manages the loan application through the underwriting process to decision.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study; additional years of experience above the minimum requirements may be considered in lieu of education.
Five (5) years of direct experience working as a commercial or small business lender; experience must include outside sales calling on commercial clients and prospects and the management and growth of an individual loan portfolio
Experience managing individual relationships up to $10 million.