Director of Finance
The SVP, Director of Finance Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the preparation and coordination of the budgeting process of the bank, its subsidiaries, and parent company, as well as, the development and production of budget projections based on strategic targets. The position requires the organization of the different budget assumptions provided by the different areas of the bank and subsidiaries. In addition, the position requires the coordination of budget meetings and budget presentations to management, executives and the board of directors.
• Budget – Facilitates and assists in preparation of annual balance sheet and interest statement budgets for the company and its affiliates.
• Reforecast – Prepares quarterly reforecasts of key profitability factors as it relates to the bank and its affiliates.
• Capital Planning – Responsible for preparation of quarterly capital plan.
• Misc. Reporting – Oversees the process of Budget vs Actual Variance reporting and other reports as requested by management.
• Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws.
• Is a resource for actual or budget questions by department managers.
• Design effective budget models for departments and the entire company.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and executives, board of directors and others within the organization.
• Analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
• Present annual budgets to senior managers
• Conduct thorough research, interpret and understand laws and regulations and provide workable recommendation and solutions to problems.
• Lead and manage a team of financial analyst
• Occasional travel may be required
• BS/BA Degree
• 5 years’ experience in bank accounting/finance, required
• MBA or CFA, preferred
• Strong competency in Word and Excel
• Oracle Hyperion experience a plus
• Knowledge of federal and state banking regulations, rules and guidelines, including those related to lending
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and/or legal documents
• Ability to respond in writing to internal customer complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
• Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, self-started, able to work independently
• Strong writing and analytical skills