Director of Internal Audit
The Audit Ethics and Compliance Officer will direct a broad, comprehensive program of internal audit examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls for our bank. In addition, responsibilities include developing internal audit methodology and conducting independent risk assessments for all areas of the company; establish a risk-based audit plan, quality assurance programs, and ongoing training and development programs for the staff. The selected candidate will recruit and build a team of audit professionals that commensurate with the company’s growth objectives.
- Develop and maintain a well-documented comprehensive risk assessment
- Develop and periodically revise a comprehensive audit plan. Challenging management to adopt appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls.
- Report audit deficiencies or ineffective controls to the audit committee.
- Monitor management's corrective action and follow up review to ensure all deficiencies are addressed.
- Maintain all audit documentation to support conclusions and audit results for audit activates performed internally.
- Assist audit committee and management with the selection of internal audit vendors.
- Provide active oversight of outsourced audit activities.
- Ensure audit staff are adequately supervised and trained
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years industry experience internal auditing within the banking sector or other financial services organization
- CIA certification strongly desired but not required
- Experience with direct supervision of Internal audit department staff
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, technical skills, and project management experience required.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent audits/projects