Position is in Miami, FL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A list of roles and responsibilities are included below. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
• Performs both management and field testing responsibilities on routine and advanced internal audit assignments in multiple disciplines.
• Oversees audit engagements and approve the overall purpose, scope, and approach for audits ensuring practical coverage is achieved considering risk and regulatory requirements.
• Assess risk factors relating to each assignment to ensure that the engagement identifies significant business risks.
• Performs independent appraisal of the design and operational effectiveness of policies and procedures.
• Ensures that detailed audit work is effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk.
• Reviews audit assignment reports and ensures that the supporting audit fieldwork can be re-performed and is sufficient to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws/regulations, established policies/procedures, regulatory guidance, accounting pronouncements, and industry practices.
• Drafts or reviews complex audit reports and conduct exit conferences with management to discuss. findings and management’s response.
• Performs critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams.
• Interacts and works with the information technology lead auditors in coordinating the nature, timing, and extent of audit fieldwork and reporting.
• Provides expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit requirements, and information technology skills.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the Company’s operations and banking requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Senior Auditors and Associates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Continuously communicates with audit customers throughout the year to comprehend customer
needs and changes affecting their business.
• Produces documentation that describes risk, controls, and audit conclusions clearly and
concisely (RCM, TOD, Process Flows, Reports).
• Looks for innovative ways to improve the audit process.
• Exhibits a high degree of initiative and commitment to the IAD's mission and the Bank.
• Adept at leading discussions with audit customers so that agreed action plans reduce risks to
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, IS/IT, or related field.
• Six or more years of business experience, including auditing, consulting and/or management experience is required, of which at least four years were in a supervisory capacity.
• CIA, CPA, CISA or CRCM or other relevant certification required.
• Knowledge of financial company regulations and regulatory auditing standards.
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills with appropriate attention to detail.
• Ability to manage and perform multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in performing risk assessments, developing audit plans, performing financial and operational audits and reporting results to audit committees.
• Experience in scoping, developing documentation, determining key risks, testing and assisting with management final assessment.
• Ability to deal with challenging situations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint; ACL & MS Access a plus.