Looking for someone that will be promotable within 2 years to Director's role.....Fortune 1000 global manufacturer with strong growth history!!
Industry leading, dynamic, strong growth global company has an immediate need for a Manager of SEC Reporting. This position reports to the Director of SEC Reporting. It is a highly visible position that will interact with the company's strategic leadership. Based in the South Bend, IN area!
The Manager of SEC Reporting is responsible for providing technical leadership in the corporate financial reporting function and consolidates results for its domestic and global manufacturing operations. This position will be responsible for external financial reporting for US registrant (Form 10-K and 10-Q), technical GAAP research and analysis and assisting with external audit oversight. This person will also be involved in supporting earnings release and audit committee materials.
* Report accounting and financial data to the regulative government agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other regulatory bodies.
* Coordinate and manage the preparation of the consolidated financial statements reported on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and related footnotes.
* Prepare supporting work papers for financial statement footnote disclosures, MD&A, and related disclosures
* Support the preparation of financial data and information to be presented or discussed with financial analysts and investors and assist in coordinating external audit/or review
* Remain current with new accounting technical standards impacting financial reporting.
* Interpret and assist in guiding the implementation of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements to various technical accounting functions and monitor compliance with SEC financial reporting rules and regulations.
* Assist in coordinating and managing the preparation of special SEC filings (e.g. 8-K filings).
You should have recent exposure to public company financial reporting (10Ks & 10Qs) and will have demonstrated the ability to research and interpret emerging accounting issues, as well as prepare financial statements and related disclosures. You must have strong analytical skills and the ability to probe the financial performance of the business. In addition to the ability to perform this role effectively, this must be a person capable of further career growth within the organization. Requirements include:
* BS degree in Accounting - an MBA and/or Master’s degree is a plus
* Experience in public accounting + relevant industry experience...BIG 4 experience is a plus, although you could be coming direct from a regional firm or from industry.
* Proficient knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and ability to research (10k & 10K, etc) …. Minimum of 2 years in an SEC Reporting role.
You should have solid influential communication skills & enjoy a high quality-of-life environment. This is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization. Solid benefit package & retirement program. Strong career-growth opportunities. ....