|The Operations Compliance/BSA Officer administers bank policies, procedures, and practices ensuring compliance with banking laws and regulations. The Operations Compliance/BSA Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank’s operational (non-lending) and BSA Compliance Management Program and serves as the Bank’s designated officer responsible for BSA/AML/OFAC and CRA. As the full time Operations Compliance/BSA Officer , you will be eligible for bank paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance along with paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. We expects all employees to comply with the responsibilities of their assigned position to the highest degree of performance. . |
- Examines bank policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and supports the internal audit process in regards to areas of compliance.
- Develop and maintain risk assessments and continually progress the Bank’s compliance management programs.
- Work closely with senior management and banking staff to ensure regulatory agency directives, memoranda, interpretive rulings, laws, and regulations affecting the Bank are effectively communicated and implemented.
- Submit proposed policies on operational compliance issues for consideration by the Board of Directors; prepare procedures to implement adopted policies.
- Be involved with internal monitoring to ensure compliance with new laws and regulations.
- Be involved with regulatory and internal compliance audits to ensure correction of audit findings or implementation of recommendations as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Administer Bankers Toolbox BAM+ BSA/AML Software
- Direct and supervise support staff
- Knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, FDIC, CFPB, and FRB regulations governing banks.
- Strong technical knowledge, analytical ability and aptitude working with computer applications such as Word, Excel. Familiarity with BAM+ software desired but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good leadership, supervisory, time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive banking experience and a demonstrated foundation and knowledge in centralized bank operations, operational compliance and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.