Specialized Lending Senior Analyst
Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial information to assess the risk of purchasing positions in syndicated loans, as well as other specialized lending products. This position may be called upon to assist in the management of the syndicated loan portfolio by providing recommendations on credits and preparing portfolio reports. Ultimate decision-making authority will reside with the Specialized Lending Loan Officer.
- Evaluate trends and potential risks that could impact the borrower’s leverage and/or cash flow ratios or ability to repay the credit extension and identify mitigating factors and/or additional information needs to offset these trends and risks.
- Interact with the Specialized Lending Loan Officer (and, on occasion, the 3rd party portfolio manager, or admin agent bank) to identify and quantify borrower’s leverage and ability to deliver (on both a senior secured and total basis), ability to cover fixed charges, and repayment sources, including cash flow, collateral, and enterprise value.
- Clearly communicate progress and/or needs in a timely and precise manner throughout the underwriting process.
- Prepare investment opportunity packages for submission to the credit decision authority.
- Proactively study the bank’s loan policy and banking regulations to determine whether or not proposed loan terms and conditions are in compliance. Cite policy exceptions with mitigants and provide Specialized Lending Loan Officer with technical advice and assistance as needed.
- Direct, develop, and train other Analysts in analytical methods and other underwriting concepts primarily as they relate to leveraged lending, as well as other specialized lending products.
- Assist with the monitoring of loan performance in the bank’s specialized lending portfolio.
- Promptly review loan purchase opportunities and underwrite potential credits.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the Specialized Lending Loan Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related major and at least two accounting courses required; finance-related major a plus
- 4+ years financial analyst experience required, formal leveraged lending training preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in credit analysis/underwriting specific to leveraged lending required
- Solid knowledge of financial lending regulations and leveraged lending regulatory guidelines
- Ability to formulate and articulate objective views based on professional credit analysis
- Advanced knowledge of credit philosophy and policies as well as loan documentation
- Careful attention to detail and time management skills are essential
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, S&P Capital IQ, and Bloomberg is required
- Motivated self-starter and an active learner
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.