This position is responsible for the overall management of the department and will lead, direct, plan, organize and oversee the daily operations of the treasury services support team and ensures a high level of quality service, accuracy and timeliness, and emphasis on business continuity, adherence to procedures, compliance, regulatory, legal, and all statutory requirements, while providing exceptional product and service support and troubleshooting to internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of support staff and team members; establishes objectives and develops processes and procedures to ensure efficient and timely work flow.
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions. Develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Create and maintain internal controls, including standard operating procedures, to minimize organizational risk. Ensures that adequate internal controls and procedures are in place and followed, to achieve a high level of customer service while incorporating appropriate risk-management controls, which meets or exceeds regulatory requirements.
- Direct, coordinate, and monitor activities to implement Bank’s policies, procedures, and practices concerning all aspects of treasury management services and operations.
- Ensure effective coordination occurs between assigned functional area and other bank departments.
- Develop and maintain timely reporting of operations to senior management.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans, reviews reports for usage and budget recommendations; helps organize plans and makes recommendations for treasury management services banking projects involving functional changes within the Bank and budgets.
- Prepare and monitor department budget; analyzes operations; identifies opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with management and Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approves personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development of staff, timely performance review and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments within banking and related industries; as well as economic and regulatory changes.
Assist with and/or leads the merger and acquisition functions and integration of services for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or relevant discipline - required.
- 8+ years' recent experience in treasury management services, commercial banking, card services and/or bank operations environment which includes a minimum of 5 years' experience in a leadership and management role, demonstrating advanced understanding of all products, services, solutions, industry requirements, and legal/regulatory requirements, within the financial services industry and community bank environment, with the ability to quickly grasp and understand the Bank’s business and strategic goals and objectives – required.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) certification – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and/or comparable management experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required to manage, motivate, oversee and develop sales team members across multiple and remote locations. Employee development, performance management, training and employee counseling skills are required.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain open, professional, positive and productive relationships; demonstrate cooperative behavior with management, business partners, customers and co-workers, and work effectively as a team member.
- Strategic in approach to problem solving and decision-making with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues, make decisions under pressure of time constraints and translate business development challenges into opportunities.
- Detailed functional and technical knowledge of existing and developing treasury management services, documentation and internet technologies.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies, negotiations skills, business correspondence and presentations in person, via phone or email with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently.
- Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of related statutory banking and compliance regulations, operational policies and procedures, account and legal documentation and terminology for assigned area of oversight and the Bank’s products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and working knowledge of financial industry core processing and automated banking systems; working knowledge of vendor management and project management software applications and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Thorough working knowledge and strong industry experience with new and developing electronic delivery products and services and associated technologies.
- Travel is required to other Bank locations and meeting sites; valid drivers license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 5-15 lbs. (i.e., files, boxes, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.